Wednesday, January 21, 2015

More Wonder Woman


I can't believe it's been over two months since I posted. Sigh. Life is life, the holidays are always tough. Now I'm just straining ahead for the end of February and our annual beach trip.

I just posted another Wonder Woman Wonders pattern in the shop. Now I'm working on an Ink Circles pattern and a Roger Rabbit pattern I made with the quote "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." Why did I let so many years pass before rewatching Who Framed Roger Rabbit?! Such regret.

I'm also working on self-portrait from a picture taken almost a decade ago. Decided now's the time to do a massive amount of split stitch. Foolish foolish, Meredith. The Roger Rabbit pattern utilizes metallic thread, and I'm pleased to say that after following all the advice it wasn't difficult to work with at all, though it is easy for the stitches to become really messy.

My reading habits got really neurotic last year and my goal for 2015 is to stop that. I always feel like I need something to replace work in my life but it's not good to tie self-worth to productivity of any sort. I did have fun making a calendar where each month shows the books I read in that month in 2014 and another with books on my to-read list.

Next week the author of Toms River, Dan Fagin, is giving a lecture in my city and I'm really excited. The book was incredibly well done, not to mention important. I highly recommend it. Fingers crossed I'm able to go to the lecture.

3 comments:

  1. *hugs* So glad to see you back!

    Here's hoping you go to the lecture and that it is a wonderful experience.

    Roger Rabbit: I know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's so so nice to hear that.

      I did get to the lecture and it was good. Nothing mind-blowing and I regret not staying for some of the free food after (hello, FREE food), but my body was done.

      Roger Rabbit was based on a book, and I'm still just going "how? how?!" but hopefully I'll get to it soon. Seems like it has to be awesome.

      Delete
    2. Well, I did not know that, so now I'll have to look it up.

      *fake grumpy* I thank you, Meredith, for adding to the TBR pile of doom that'll live long after I'm done and gone.



      (Just so you know, it *is* lovely to see you)

      Delete