Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Stay out of my Kitchen - finished

Well I think I'm done with this piece. I'm certainly done enough that I've posted the pattern on Etsy.

Right now the question is to outline in back stitch (probably all in black), or not? Now, if I'd done this on evenweave and with half-stitches, there'd be no question. 

Only with counted needlework your eye tricks your into seeing roundness. Once you outline it with only horizontal and vertical lines that goes away. I know that some patterns put diagonal outline stitches in even with no half-stitch of color underneath, but I really don't like that.

No idea what I'll start on next. Maybe another blackwork quilt piece (I already have the pattern made). I would like to get back to my Frida Kahlo piece, but I also feel like my shop hasn't been active enough lately. Maybe I'll do another shop piece and then work on Frida.

4 comments:

  1. I'd say no backstitch -- it looks finished as is. Nice work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, I think I'll leave off the back stitching.

      Delete
  2. I love this pattern and it looks great with no backstitching :-)

    ReplyDelete