Thursday, September 20, 2012

In which I am tired

 I took a mini-vacation (three days) with Madre and it is taking a long time to recover. My energy levels have been a lot lower for the last six months or so and it's really difficult to deal with. Not least because I always feel I *should* be able to snap out of it. It's not something a body can snap out of, but I still feel guilty for not being able to.

Anyway, I've taken a slight break from stitching in order to work on a commission and a new pattern, and to knit. 

I completed another knit ball and finished a silly, colorful, floppy hat. It's not really quite finished, as I think it needs a big pompom, obviously. It will take a while for me to add it though, because I really dislike making pompoms.

We're going out of town again on Monday, so that's yet another crafting gap. I knit on the road, of course, but can't do it in the car if it's sunny (need to hold up a windshield reflector over me, making it difficult to do anything) and once we get settled I'm generally too tired to do it.

The drive home was Charlotte was absolutely miserable. I think wine was not strong enough to get me through it, so for the Monday trip (Chattanooga) perhaps I'll step it up to vodka!

No comments:

Post a Comment