Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pogo by Walt Kelly

This is a commission I've been working out. It's stitched on 22 ct. Aida and will still end up being 10 inches tall, so that's a lot of tiny black Xs.

I think this is probably my last non-family commission, because it just takes too much time away from developing patterns for my shop. Not to mention that it's impossible to actually charge a fair hourly wage for my work, no one would pay it. 

Of course this leads to my having a massive stack of finished pieces sitting around. I'd like to eventually have a booth at a craft fair and just sell them unframed to get rid of them.

Pogo and all those black boxes got a bit tedious so I finally started my Pratchett quote piece. It's already over halfway finished and turning out brilliantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment