Tuesday, May 22, 2012

custom work

I did a little custom work for a friend (though still for money) and this is the result. It's for his favorite bar, which is having a one-year anniversary. I don't think there's any restaurant/bar I love so much that I'd spend $35-$40 dollars on it (where I didn't get any food back). But c'est la vie!

My brain has gone quite lopsided, as I've been trying to create a pattern from the first edition cover of Little House on the Prairie. That's a commission as well, and they are getting quite the deal as I may go a bit mad finishing it.

Re: Flo the Elephant - I finished knitting all the bits, but now I have to block the pieces, which I hate doing. I hate it partially because it's just tedious and boring, but mostly because I don't really have the proper supplies for it. Definitely need to find a cork bulletin board to use rather than the old bit of foam core I've made do with. The pins don't always like to stick on the foam core, which is rather a problem.

Oh, I also cut my hair, and look beyond adorable. I get a lovely little surprise every time I walk past anything reflective. Mirror-gazing has been a hobby of mine since I was a toddler, when I'd sit and talk to myself in the mirror for ages. I really never stopped doing that, actually.

4 comments:

  1. You got quite some stitching done! Your haircut looks fabulous. You have every right to admire yourself a lot with in in every mirror you see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I feel like I'm so far behind in all my projects due to spending so much time knitting the elephant pieces.

      I think mirror-gazing really help self-esteem in a way, because it's just good to really smile at yourself.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry my project turned out to be such a headache! You have no idea how grateful and excited I am.

    I am in awe of your talent! And super cute hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Christine!

    I can not wait to see how the Little House translates to fabric!

    ReplyDelete