Saturday, March 17, 2012

First stage complete!

After starting this project I realized that I haven't stitched on 14 ct. Aida in forever. My stitches seem huge, clunky, and messy, and I groan over how much thread it's using. Thread is cheap, I know, but I am hardwired for thrift.

The three projects I completed just before this one were one 22 ct. Aida, and the still-in-progress chintz napkin is on an even smaller scale. 

Otherwise there are the usual annoyances of working with black Aida (which makes the stitching messier anyway). I adore the way it looks, but it's difficult to stitch on and very difficult to photograph well. It never takes long for me to regret starting a project on it, but c'est la vie.

I still have three designs to add to the top and the bottom. After the first of those is done I might go back to the chintz napkin for a while, since I've neglected it.

No comments:

Post a Comment