Saturday, June 4, 2011

Black Books: Great Show or Greatest Show?

I talk a big game when it comes to hilarious British shows, because I grew up with them and now make it my mission to expose my lazy family to new ones. I still recall fondly the first time I saw Black Books, back when BBCAmerica actually showed funny shows and not just endless hours of Cash in the Attic and How Clean Is Your House (this was a couple years ago, so maybe they've gotten better again).

Black Books is possibly my favorite of them all, partially because I was assistant manager of a book store. I know everything there is to know about frustrating book store customers and how much it saps you of humanity. I also know a fair bit about drinking, especially when I worked in the bookstore as that was the heyday of the drunk fests that me, my sister, and her husband had.

So this is my first Black Books cross-stitch, but not the last. It's also a good excuse to rewatch lots of episodes to find other good quotes. 

Also, I'm almost done with my Hayao Miyazaki motif set and I can't wait to get it in my store. It yielded some super cute designs and I think it will be popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment