Thursday, March 31, 2011

snow day



It's snowing a bit today! I love it. Most people want it to be spring and I might if we still had spring. We don't though, it goes straight from winter to summer and I like winter a hell of a lot more than summer. Since I live on the fifth floor, I didn't have to turn my heat on even once, however I did have to turn my AC on a few weeks back when it was sixty-five degrees.

Here is the finished quote from Priscilla Queen of the Desert. I like the effect of the blue getting lighter as it goes out, though it makes me wish I'd done the text in a really dark blue rather than a dark tealish color. I didn't know starting out that I'd do the border in blues though, I just figured I'd grab whatever color I had the best progression of which happened to be blue. 

The pattern for this piece is now for sale in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment